With the summer months being behind us and the fall season finally here, it’s time to begin preparing for the cooler weather that the state of New Jersey provides us with. Luckily for you, our Toyota of Morristown dealer serving Mendham, Parsippany, Morris Plains, Summit, Randolph, and Madison is here to share some fall weather preparation tips with you to ensure that your beloved coupe, sedan, SUV, or truck continues functioning properly and is as safe as can be!
How Can I Prepare My Toyota For The Fall?
- Check Your Tire Pressures/Replace Your Tires: Warmer weather has the capability of increasing your vehicle’s tire pressures, with colder weather having an adverse effect of lowering them. To ensure that your tires are properly inflated and haven’t overinflated themselves during the summer, be sure to check that your tire pressures are uniform and inflated to the appropriate PSI.
- Check Your Lights: With the fall season also bringing earlier sunset times in New Jersey, you will begin using your vehicle’s headlights and hi-beams more frequently. Because of this, it’s vital that you ensure your headlights, taillights, fog lights, and brake lights are in working order.
- Have Your Brakes Checked: To ensure that your brakes, potentially the most important component of your vehicle, are fully prepared to take on cooler weather, allow our Toyota service center to conduct a thorough brake inspection or brake replacement.
- Replace Your Windshield Wipers & Top-Off Your Wiper Fluid: A dirty windshield can pose a significant safety hazard to you, your passengers, and other Parsippany area motorists as well. If your wiper blades are in poor condition and aren’t effectively clearing your windshield of precipitation, allow our certified professionals to swap them out for a new set and top-off your windshield wiper fluid while we’re at it.
- Inspect Your Battery: Check the connections on your battery to make sure they’re tight, clean, and free of any corrosion. Cold weather can be especially hard on a vehicle battery, so before that weather begins setting in, be sure to check that your vehicle’s battery and charging system is in tip-top shape.
Schedule Toyota Service Near Parsippany
If you have any questions regarding our Toyota service center, parts department, or you would like to go ahead and schedule a service appointment for your earliest convenience, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or pay us a visit here at Toyota of Morristown! So, what are you waiting for? Stop into our Toyota dealership located at 169 Ridgedale Avenue in Morristown, NJ today and put our generous list of service and parts specials to good use!