On the hunt for a new SUV that offers a wide variety of standard and available safety features? If so, our Toyota of Morristown dealer serving auto shoppers from Mendham, Parsippany, Morris Plains, Summit, Randolph, and Madison recommends the 2021 Toyota Highlander, which was named an Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick in 2020 when equipped with a set of LED headlights.
So, you might be wondering; what makes this model so safe? Allow us to explain!
2021 Toyota Highlander Available Safety Features
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection – This integrated camera and radar system is designed to help reduce the likelihood of colliding with a preceding car or pedestrian
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – This high-tech cruise control uses radar behind the Toyota badge plus a camera on the windshield designed to adjust your speed, helping you maintain a preset distance from the car in front of you.
- Lane Departure Alert – A camera on your windshield may help you avoid the consequences of unintended lane departure by alerting you when it senses that you’ve veered from your lane.
- Automatic High Beams – A camera on your windshield aids nighttime driving by using a camera to detect headlights and taillights of preceding vehicles, and toggling accordingly between high and low beams.
- Lane Tracing Assist – When Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is enabled and lane markers are visible, Lane Tracing Assist uses the lines on the road and preceding vehicles to help keep the vehicle centered and in its lane.
- Road Sign Assist – Using a forward-facing intelligent camera, Road Sign Assist is designed to detect speed limit signs, stop signs, Do Not Enter signs and yield signs, and display them on the MID.
- Star Safety System™ – Includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Brake Assist, and Smart Stop Technology®.
- Safety Connect® – Includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance, and Automatic Collision Notification.
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5+
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Downhill Assist Control and Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking
Test Drive a New Toyota Highlander Near Mendham
Interested in hearing more about the 2021 Toyota Highlander or another new, used, or certified pre-owned vehicle in our inventory? Would you like to take your favorite Toyota Highlander trim level for a test drive? If so, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or feel free to visit us in person here at our Toyota of Morristown dealer conveniently located at 169 Ridgedale Avenue in Morristown, NJ.